Entertainment

Blaqbonez Opens Up on Feud with Odumodublvck

Blaqbonez said his feud with Odumodublvck started over a shared interest in the same woman and denied the sexual abuse claims against him.

By Godwin Adejor ·

Blaqbonez Opens Up on Feud with Odumodublvck

Nigerian rapper Blaqbonez has addressed the long-running feud with fellow artist Odumodublvck in a detailed interview on the BlackBox podcast with Rufai Oseni, hosted by Nevon HQ and released on August 18, 2026. In the conversation, Blaqbonez revealed what he says is the personal origin of their conflict and strongly denied allegations of sexual abuse leveled against him.

According to Blaqbonez, the issues began in mid-2023 when both artists met the same woman at an event and developed an interest in her around the same time. He stated that he and the woman entered a non-exclusive relationship that lasted about a year. “Sometime in 2023, like June or July, we met a girl at the same place at the same time… We were both interested in the girl and both parties moved to the said girl. As things went on, me and the girl had a non-exclusive relationship for about a year,” he explained.

Blaqbonez said the arrangement was mutually understood as open, with neither party restricting the other’s activities. He claimed he was unaware that Odumodublvck was also involved with the woman during the overlapping period. The relationship with the woman eventually cooled, and after attempts to set clear boundaries, it ended cordially from his perspective.

The rapper expressed frustration over how the situation escalated into public accusations. He described Odumodublvck’s claims of sexual abuse as something “no man has ever done to another man” in this manner and emphasized that such a label is not one he would take lightly. “Sexual abuse is not a tag that I would joke with,” Blaqbonez said. He noted that Odumodublvck has not pursued formal legal charges against him on those grounds, while he himself has taken legal steps.

Blaqbonez has filed a multi-billion-naira defamation suit against Odumodublvck following social media posts in which the latter called him a “sexual abuser” and accused the music industry of covering it up. In the interview, Blaqbonez insisted the case must proceed to its conclusion, stating he wants Odumodublvck to prove the allegations in court. “Now I’m taking him to court. So come to court and prove that I’m what you say I am,” he said. He added that he seeks accountability rather than superficial peace.

The two artists, once collaborators in the Nigerian hip-hop scene, have exchanged diss tracks and public statements over the past couple of years. Blaqbonez maintained that their earlier relationship was professional and cordial rather than a close personal friendship. He portrayed the current conflict as a personal matter involving a woman that has been amplified into a broader industry rivalry.

The interview has drawn significant attention online, with many viewers reacting to Blaqbonez’s account of events. Odumodublvck has previously stood by his statements and, in earlier comments, described the rift as personal while expressing openness to reconciliation under certain conditions. As of now, the legal process initiated by Blaqbonez remains ongoing.