Entertainment

Angela Okorie Accuses Zubby Michael of Stealing Her ₦100m ‘Queen of Guns’ Title

Angela Okorie accused Zubby Michael of stealing the title of her nearly ₦100 million film “Queen of Guns.”

By Godwin Adejor ·

Angela Okorie Accuses Zubby Michael of Stealing Her ₦100m ‘Queen of Guns’ Title

Nollywood actress Angela Okorie has publicly accused her colleague Zubby Michael of involvement in what she describes as the unauthorized use of her upcoming film’s title, “Queen of Guns,” a project she says cost nearly ₦100 million.

In a video shared on her Instagram page around August 6, 2026, Okorie alleged that recent promotional images from her still-unreleased movie were taken and used to create a poster for an older film, reportedly shot more than a decade ago, that was then uploaded to YouTube under the same title. She expressed shock and frustration, framing the move as impersonation and an attempt to undermine her work.

Okorie emphasized that Queen of Guns has not been released on YouTube, Netflix, in cinemas, or anywhere else. She noted that her Manchester fans would be among the first to see it before wider screenings. “Now, if you go YouTube and you tap Queen of Guns, you will see that they have used my recent pictures that I was using to shoot the movie Queen of Guns, then made a poster, and used an old movie shot over 10 years ago and called it Queen of Guns,” she said in the video.

She directly addressed Zubby Michael, questioning how he could accept such a situation. “Zubby, even you accepted that kind of a thing. How dare you? You shot a movie. You have a working title, my friend. Why did you not use your working title to push your film?” Okorie asked. She dismissed the film in question and insisted her own project was a major investment: “That movie is what I shot with almost 100 million naira. And mine is trademarked. Mine is not released anywhere.”

In a follow-up post the next day, she shared a side-by-side comparison of her promotional material and the content she claimed featured Zubby Michael’s image alongside hers on a poster. She captioned it: “Imagine nonsense. My #Queenofguns is not out yet!!!” and added that people were impersonating her. Okorie maintained that she is the “number one” and “only Queen of Guns,” accusing unnamed industry figures of trying to sabotage her project and citing the alleged copying as one reason she keeps her distance from certain colleagues.

The actress has been promoting Queen of Guns for some time; earlier reports linked her to behind-the-scenes footage and related activity around the project, directed in part by Prince Olisa. The title dispute marks a fresh public clash between the two actors, who previously reconciled in late 2024 after a feud that included public exchanges following the death of Junior Pope, with intervention from veteran actor Pete Edochie.

As of the reports emerging in early August 2026, Zubby Michael had not issued a widely reported public response to the specific allegations. Okorie’s claims center on the use of her images and the title for an older production uploaded online, which she says conflicts with her trademarked, high-budget project that remains unreleased. The episode has drawn attention across Nollywood gossip and entertainment platforms, highlighting ongoing tensions over intellectual property, promotion, and industry rivalries.