2026 Hajj most organised in 45 years, Kaduna Delegation Leader says
The Leader of the Kaduna State 2026 Hajj Delegation, Alhaji Abubakar Mustapha, has described this year's pilgrimage as the most successful and well-organised he has witnessed in 45 years of performing Hajj.
By Maryam Aminu ·
The Leader of the Kaduna State 2026 Hajj Delegation, Alhaji Abubakar Mustapha, has described this year's pilgrimage as the most successful and well-organised he has witnessed in 45 years of performing Hajj.
Mustapha, who said he first performed Hajj in 1981, commended the management of the Kaduna State Pilgrims Welfare Agency for conducting a transparent and hitch-free exercise for pilgrims from the state.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to Gov. Uba Sani of Kaduna State, Malam Ibraheem Musa, on Thursday.
According to the statement, Mustapha made the remarks during a visit by members of the state delegation to the Ibrahim Khalil pilgrims’ accommodation in Makkah.
The delegation visited the residence to congratulate Kaduna pilgrims on the successful completion of the 2026 Hajj rites.
Mustapha, a former Head of Service in Kaduna State, said the delegation had not received any report of misconduct or unruly behaviour from the pilgrims throughout the exercise.
He commended the pilgrims for their discipline and urged them to maintain the same conduct while preparing for their return journey to Nigeria.
He also advised them to continue complying with all regulations and guidelines issued by Saudi authorities to ensure a smooth and timely departure.
Members of the delegation included the District Head of Rigasa and Dangaladiman Zazzau, Arc. Mohammed Aminu Idris; the Principal Private Secretary to the Governor, Prof. Bello Ayuba; and Islamic scholars, Sheikh Imam Tukur Adam Al-Mannar and Sheikh Abdullahi Rabiu Ishaq.
Earlier, the Executive Chairman of the Kaduna State Pilgrims Welfare Agency, Malam Salihu Abubakar, attributed the success of the exercise to the cooperation and discipline exhibited by the pilgrims.
He appealed to them to sustain the support as arrangements commence for their return to Nigeria following the conclusion of the Hajj exercise.
Salihu informed the pilgrims that Saudi authorities had introduced new luggage regulations, which had been adopted by the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON).
He explained that each pilgrim is entitled to two checked bags weighing not more than 23 kilograms each, in addition to a hand luggage limited to eight kilograms.
The chairman warned that pilgrims must strictly adhere to the approved weight limits to avoid delays and operational challenges.
He added that the weighing and processing of checked luggage would be completed at least two days before each flight, while officials of the designated cargo company would collect the bags directly from pilgrims’ accommodation.
According to him, hand luggage will be loaded into vehicles conveying pilgrims to the airport about five hours before departure, while pilgrims will board the buses without carrying any items.
Salihu said the measures were introduced to facilitate faster processing and timely departure of pilgrims from King Abdulaziz International Airport, Jeddah, and urged pilgrims to cooperate fully with the arrangements.